The Knights of the Southern Cross of New Zealand
The Knights of the Southern Cross of New Zealand is a society of Catholic men in New Zealand actively involved in supporting the Church and each other through practical works, fraternity and promotion of the Gospel.
- Our actions to be in accord with the pastoral authority of the Catholic Church in New Zealand.
- The exercise of the virtue of Charity as the basis of all our actions.
- All our activities to give practical eﬀect to the Mission Statement.
- To foster the Christian way of life in New Zealand.
- To promote the spiritual and physical welfare of members.
- To encourage social, charitable and intellectual activities among members.
- To promote and engage in educational, charitable, religious and social welfare work in support of the mission of the Church.
- To pray and work for greater justice and peace in New Zealand and our world.
- To learn more about Catholic social teaching and its call to protect human life.
- To oppose all poverty and promote justice for the poor.
- To care for creation and the environment.
- To foster and pray for religious and priestly vocations, and to work with our Bishops, priests and laity in the mission of the Church.